- Since 02.2015
Software Engineer, Hulu LLC.I currently work in Content Metadata Service team. I mainly work on an orchestration service written in Nodejs to serve our client apps metadata of the shows and videos.
The most significant work I have done including optimizing system performance and setting up capacity planning tools and processes. I helped our team to understand the performance characteristics of the system better and identified several performance bottlenecks in the system to increase whole system capacity by 50% without significant architecture change. I helped the team to setup a more reasonable way to do load testing and capacity planning.
- 04.2014 - 10.2014
CTO & Dev Manager, miHoYo, Co. Ltd.miHoYo is a mobile game start-up established in 2012. I joined the team to help the team to grow and make development process more reliable. We created one of the most popular 2D action games in China called “The End of School 2” (or “Guns Girl” if you Google it), which was the 1st Top Paid game and 9th Top Grossing game in AppStore China.
As Dev Manager, I set up release schedule, drive SCRUM meetings, make project plans and communicate with external partners to enable our game in global markets. As CTO I optimized the development process by introducing Git to replace the old version control system, building up an automated testing framework for backend service, setting up continuous integration to produce official releases, optimizing system architecture to improve performance.
I was also a developer and wrote code to implement game features, such as in-game chatting and a lot of global market requirements.
- 01.2014 - 04.2014
Senior Software Engineer, eBay Inc.I joined PaymentApps team in Managed Marketplace. PaymentApps team owns a part of the whole checkout process and some payment related integration services.
I contributed to the design and implementation of risk challenge system in the “progressive checkout” project. I designed the API interface and sequence diagram based on the architecture document and communicated with checkout team to integrate the service into checkout flow. I introduced AJAX + RESTful API style implementation to the team. I also introduced responsive web UI implementation to the team. I was also the code review master in the team to drive code review to achieve better code quality.
- 05.2012 - 01.2014
Software Developer III, Electronic ArtsI joined Commerce and Identity team in EA Digital Platform division, which owns the service for billing, entitlement and authentication of EA games.
I was one of the main contributors of the horizontal scaling project. We designed a new data access layer and migrated all data from Oracle 11g to MySQL 5.5 with no downtime. The most important works I did were:
- MySQL sharding framework design and implementation. I implemented several key features in the sharing framework including dynamic sharding configuration, global id generator, sharding annotation, best effort transaction management, etc.
- MySQL clusters deployment and administration. I was responsible for the MySQL HA architecture, performance tuning, deployment automation and database administration.
- Zero Downtime Oracle to MySQL data migration. I wrote the migration tool and designed the process to make it zero data loss and zero downtime for TB scale data.
- Billing data encryption/decryption service design and implementation. I designed and implemented the crypto service and the process of data migration.
I was awarded the FY13 technical rock star because of the success of the migration project.
- 03.2011 - 05.2012
SDE, MicrosoftI joined Microsoft Commerce Platform after graduation. The projects I worked on:
- Windows Azure billing account migration. I was one of the main contributors in the migration project. I helped the catalog team to understand the catalog model and subscription model discrepancies and implemented the subscription related data migration scripts.
- Batch job framework. I designed and implemented the job configuration and execution flow and several core facilities in the framework.
- Scale-Out-Unit project. I contributed to Account Migration Service, which can move one account from one database partition to another and make database load more balanced.
I was one of the top performers in the team and get promoted in the first year.
- Experienced in Java technologies such as Spring, OSGi, Hibernate, JUnit, maven, etc.
- Experienced in Nodejs web service development.
- Experienced in WCF web service development.
- Relational DB
- Solid understanding of Relational Databases such as MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer.
- Some experience with NoSQL databases such as Redis, MongoDB.
- Some DevOps experience on Linux environment.
MySQL admin experience.
- Good engineering skills including writing extensible, testable code.
- 09.2008 - 03.2011
- MS in Computer Science in Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- 09.2004 - 07.2008
- Bachelor in Computer Science in Shanghai Jiao Tong University